Whether you need a meal tonight or several days from now, chicken fajita casserole only gets better with time. I am normally not a fan of leftovers, but this meal tastes even better the next day if your family manages to leave any. If you like meal prep, this meal is fantastic; just put some in disposable containers, and you are all set. For more meal ideas and tips for living a healthier life, head over to BalanceKG, where we have your needs covered!
Chicken Fajita Casserole Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts – 2 cooked, shredded
- Tortillas – 2, cut into pieces. Use whole wheat for a healthy option
- Peppers – chopped. Your choice of color
- Spinach – 3 cups
- Black Beans – 1 cup
- Tomato Sauce – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 2 tsp
- Red Pepper – 2 tsp crushed
- Mexican Cheese – 2 cups shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the tortilla pieces, garlic, tomato sauce, black beans, cooked and shredded chicken, chopped peppers and spinach together
- Add the mixed ingredients to a casserole dish and top with the shredded cheese, cilantro and crushed red pepper.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve when ready or allow to cool and place in containers for meal prep