These chicken and green beans with lemon tahini sauce pack a protein punch and are made in under 30 minutes. The whole dish is gluten-free, so if you’re gluten allergic or sensitive, we have you covered with this recipe. For more meal ideas and better living tips, head on over to BalanceKG. This meal is best cooked in a cast-iron skillet, but use what you have available.
Skillet Chicken and Green Beans with Lemon-Tahini Sauce Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs – 8 boneless
- Black Pepper
- Cumin – 1 tbsp ground
- Thyme – 2 tsp dried, crushed
- Paprika – 2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green Beans – 8 oz
- Shallots – 4 chopped
- Gluten-Free Chicken Broth – 1 1/4 cups
- Tahini – 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1/4 cup
- Lemon slices optional
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, thyme, and paprika.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat
- Add chicken, cook for 5 to 7 minutes turning once.
- Remove chicken
- On medium heat, add the green beans, shallots and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 3 minutes until the green beans have softened
- Return the chicken to the skillet
- Add 1 cup of gluten-free chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a plate.
- Whisk tahini, the remaining broth and lemon juice in the skillet
- Return the chicken to the skillet and heat