Whether you’ve made the switch to a gluten-free lifestyle, our gluten-free Greek chicken breast will please the taste buds and have everyone smiling. This is a slow-cooked meal that’ll take several hours, but you can set it and forget it once it is prepared. For additional meal ideas and healthy living, tips visit us at BalanceKG. It is important to note that not all chicken broths available are gluten-free, so make sure you check the labels to ensure. Tzatziki sauce also makes a great addition to this dish, look for seasoning packets at your local grocery store for a quick and easy dip.
If you’re looking for an alternative to chicken, or just want to be a tad bit healthier, you can substitute for turkey breast in the same approximate amount. The cook time will remain the same as with chicken. For quick and easy cleanup, use a disposable slow cooker liner, but do not transport food in it when throwing it out.
Gluten-Free Greek Chicken Breast Ingredients
- Onion – 2 cups chopped
- Kalamata Olives – 1/2 cup chopped
- Dried Tomatoes – 1/2 cup chopped
- Gluten-Free Chicken Broth – 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 Tablespoons
- Gluten-Free Greek Seasoning – 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic – 4 cloves minced
- Olive Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon ground
- Chicken Breast – 8 pounds boneless
- Feta Cheese – use as much or as little as you want
- Add the onion, olives, dried tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of greek seasonings and garlic into a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Whisk together the oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning. Coat the chick the mixture. Place chicken in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or 3 hours on high heat
- Remove the chicken and slice. Place chicken onto a plate or platter. Spoon the gravy over the chicken and sprinkle with feta.