Tired of the traditional beef chili? Maybe you are looking for a healthier alternative with chicken! This white chicken chili is amazing and easy to make in a crockpot. It will take longer versus cooking it on the stove, but if you’re at home on the weekend and want a set it and forget it type of meal, this is going to be right up your alley. I would not say it is a healthy recipe, but it tastes great and is a great alternative to beef.
There will be no exact measurements for the ingredients; this is a go with your gut kind of recipe. With chili, add what you think and make it to taste.
White Chicken Chili Ingredients
- 1 pound. Chicken, raw breasts
- Cannellini Beans, canned beans
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, minced
- Chicken broth
- Green Chilies, diced (choose your desired heat)
- Corn, canned or frozen
- Lime, fresh is better than bottled
- Cream Cheese, you can use the low-fat version
- Add chicken, broth, cumin, oregano, coriander, paprika and green chilies
- Add garlic and onion; you may want to sautee before adding
- Cook on high for 3 hours or 6 hours on low
- Remove chicken and shred
- Add cream cheese to the mix until it is melted and stirred in
- Add shredded chicken, beans, corn, cilantro and lime
- Heat until cooked through
This delicious and easy recipe can be made in large batches and keeps well in the fridge. White chicken chili makes a great snack or meal reheated. You can also add your own toppings to give it a little bit of extra zing. If you have not had this before, I guarantee you will love it; try to leave some leftovers, but it may not be easy. For more amazing recipes, head on over to our recipe section!